HHN Hollywood 2013 Event Discussion

Last year I was going to take 2 different girls to HHN but never went -.- ever since I was planning to bring a date with me but damn! FOL prices increased, not just that I have the money but I need it for other things I NEED to buy :/ I think I'm going to go with my 2 cousins and I was planning to bring this one girl I met a few weeks ago at this school but now Im not sure if I want to take a date. Should I? Or should I just go without her. I mean I REALLY do but it's just ...

Just go. That's all I can say haha.

If you have to pay for your date and you're already strapped for cash, then forget it. Don't invite flakes or people who over-exaggerate being scared (that's fun to watch, but not fun to be with).

And like I told you long ago, plan to go early in the month. If you plan to go the last weekend and if it falls through, then you run the risk of missing it.

And even if you have to, go alone. I did it my first time in 07 and I don't regret it a tiny bit.

• Like 2

I guess it was fate for me to go to USH in 2010, miss out HHN 2011 & 2012 and to go to HHN 2013 by myself (by myself I mean without a date but with family/cousins). Oh well I could just take a date next year right? ;) when I'm able to drive too since ill be 16 by the time HHN 2014 is around.

Date or no date you'll have a great time so don't worry about that! Just make sure you go! Lol

• Like 2

Just go. That's all I can say haha.

If you have to pay for your date and you're already strapped for cash, then forget it. Don't invite flakes or people who over-exaggerate being scared (that's fun to watch, but not fun to be with).

And like I told you long ago, plan to go early in the month. If you plan to go the last weekend and if it falls through, then you run the risk of missing it.

And even if you have to, go alone. I did it my first time in 07 and I don't regret it a tiny bit.

what they said honestly as someone who has taken dates and has just gone with friends or family unless your sole purpose is to go to HHN as a date, then espeacialy it being your first time just go with friends you'll have way more fun..and more money. Personaly I cant realy speak for myself but I find unless it's someone you have been with for a while or a long term Gf/BF or Spouse, someone you who can really cut loose with...you wont be focusing too much on the event and tend to cut your fun in half.

• Like 1

True like grind said. I dont think HHN is the place for a date...I found that out thanks to Mr.Voorhees but if she's like a GF you'd had I say why not take her. But if she's not shes just a date and you want to get everything done I say take her to Knotts for a date! Lol Na but seriously your choice man all girls are different if she can handle it go ahead.

• Like 1

I agree with Grindhouse. I wouldn't bring a "date" to HHN. If you bring a date to HHN, you're going to have to be a jerk about planning. You might be able to pull that off a bit into the relationship but not right off the bat. If she wants to do whatever it is that would mess up the plan for the night, there's two options. You can go along with her and then suffer the consequences. Or you can fight with her and do what you want. If you suffer the consequences it puts a damper on the night since you won't be able to do as much as you would with proper planning. If you fight with her and do what you want both of you are going to be in a sour mood and make the night less enjoyable.

Of course, there's the chance your date could be awesome and you work out a plan ahead of time together. But there's still the risk.

On the other hand- having a screaming girl that you're attracted to on your arm is fun- and fear sometimes triggers a... well, a certain response. I personally love taking dates to haunts. Since not liking this stuff is a deal breaker for me, its good to see how they behave early on.

That being said, my personal budget (and priorities!) allow me to attend things multiple times if I want, so if a girl ruins one trip, I'll just go again!

• Like 1

Take her to a scary movie first as a "should I take you to HHN?" audition. Insidious 2 comes out this week so there's the perfect op.

I have met a few people who can not handle scary movies, and those are the exact people I know not to even invite as a friend.

But its totally plausible they'll be fine with the movie and then flip out at HHN.

But trust me, that situation is the worst. When they start crying and need to sit down, or decide not to go in the maze half way through the line, or run off and you lose them after being chase -- that's precious time being wasted. Even 2 mins wasted can be a deal breaker- although I try to keep my cool when its for something non-ridiculous, like stopping to get a churro haha.

• Like 3

But trust me, that situation is the worst. When they start crying and need to sit down, or decide not to go in the maze half way through the line, or run off and you lose them after being chase -- that's precious time being wasted. Even 2 mins wasted can be a deal breaker- although I try to keep my cool when its for something non-ridiculous, like stopping to get a churro haha.

preach brother!

I really want to take a date ! But well see .... Time will tell ;)

At the end of the day, Straightedge, make sure YOU have the opportunity to attend AND enjoy the entire event. Sometimes when you are with others, especially a big group, its hard to enjoy everything because of having to cater to everyone's wishes. The last thing I would want to hear is how much the event sucked because you were conned into waiting in line for up to two hours per maze with friends who don't understand the logistics of HHN. Or......having a girlfriend who just wanted to "hang out" at the park because she did not like the first two mazes!

• Like 2

I won't take a date. Just me and my cousins hopefully. I told my cousins to get FOL and I hope they could get them, they haven't told me anything yet. I have money for my FOL pass but I just need a ride, someone to chill with during the event, and someone to take me back home lol cause I Live in damn corona.

I still think this year will be like 2009 where the event seemed unlike anything else out there during the Halloween season. There are so many changes for this year with maze locations, soundstage use, new VIP tour, and the large scale use of the back lot. I am definitely excited for HHN 2013.

This is my 7th year! And by the end of the season, it'll have been 10 visits (have gone twice each year since 2011).

I'm actually catching up with Knotts. Been going to that since 2000, missed 07, but went twice in 01and 09. So I'll be coming up on my 15th visit for there.

Funny enough, KSF was my obsession for 7 years until HHN came along. Will something come take the throne from HHN after this year? If not, the majority of my Haunt obsession will have been dedicated to HHN. Which is odd, cuz HHN still feels new to me, but seems like I've been going to KSF for forever!